As a small business owner, you might think that improving your social media marketing has to be expensive, or that it takes a lot of specialized knowledge that you just don’t have. Rather than do nothing — and waste an opportunity to reach prospective clients — there are many easy, free things you can do to boost your business’s social media exposure:
- Comment on and like or favorite others’ social media posts AS your business (if you don’t know how to do this on Facebook, here’s a great video tutorial from Social Media Examiner).
- Post using images! Images get 87 percent more interaction than posts without images. Be sure you’re using images that you created or have the rights to publish!
- Schedule posts to occur even when you are busy. Hootsuite and Buffer offer free scheduling services. Facebook has a scheduling option included in your business page! Being consistent on social media is one way to build trust in your brand!
- If you want to share a link on Facebook, be sure that it includes a relevant image. If it doesn’t show one automatically (most will!), try using the Facebook Debugger Tool!
- Balance out your professional images on Instagram with fun behind the scenes images from your business! Followers want to get to know YOU- this is the genius behind why social media marketing works!
- Pinterest is the fastest growing social media platform– and getting a Pinterest business account is free! Pinterest has over 70 million users, most of whom are adult women with college degrees and a high household income.
- BLOG MORE! When you create your own content to share, you are adding value for your followers (they wouldn’t be following you if they didn’t want to learn from you!) and directing them back to your site at the same time!
- Make sure every blog post you create has a relevant image with it. If there is no image, it can’t be posted on Pinterest, and Facebook links won’t show a thumbnail image! Content is created to be shared! Make it easy for people to share!
Building a stable social media presence will pay off! Social media marketing has a 100% higher lead to close rate than outbound marketing, because of the way it humanizes your brand. Put yourself out there and let your clients get to know you.